Red Bank Veterinary Hospital Mount laurel is a 24-hour emergency, critical care, and specialty hospital providing high quality, compassionate services for companion animals. Our Mount Laurel hospital now provides treatment in over 11 specialties, with more to come. We invest in new technologies and training, so that patients and families always benefit from the latest medical developments. Our strong culture of collaboration ensures that knowledge is shared for the best outcomes possible. We offer pets and their families the most compassionate and advanced care available has always driven every decision we make—and it always will. We are looking for several talented veterinary technicians to join our family-like teams providing specialty and emergency medicine to our furry patients. Multiple shifts available in our Emergency and Critical Care Department as well as specialty.
RESPONSIBILITIES of Veterinary Technician
The veterinarian technician will provide comfort, diagnostic, and nursing care to all patients. The responsibilities of the Emergency Critical Care animal technician include, but are not limited to the following activities:
- Perform treatments on hospitalized animals and outpatients, obtain vitals and BP’s, discharging patients, phlebotomy for both in-house and outside lab work
- Triage all emergencies. Perform outpatient diagnostics and treatments.
- Administer anesthesia for surgeries and other anesthetic procedures, surgical prep
- Perform in-house blood work and use IDEXX/ABAXIS lab equipment
- Set up and perform radiographs, maintain medical records, client communication and patient billing
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, multi-veterinarian hospital, or emergency/referral practice preferred
TECHNICAL ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of common medications and filling medications
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative fast paced environment and commitment to building relationships with colleagues, clients, and community is required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required
- Ability to deliver exceptional client service is expected
- Proficient with the administration of subcutaneous fluids and injections, intramuscular injections and intravenous injections, intravenous catheter, CRI’s and calculations.
- Knowledge of fluid pumps and fluid set up including syringe pumps and administration
- Knowledge of blood transfusions and procedures for post surgical/anesthetized patients.
- Familiar with CPCR
This job is physically active and requires frequent bending and standing for long periods of time. It requires routine lifting and restraining animals. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs regularly.