Summary of Job Purpose & Function:
We are looking for Veterinary Technicians for our Emergency department swing and overnight teams that can assist the doctors by providing the best patient care and customer service. The veterinary technician will provide comfort, diagnostic, and nursing care to all patients.
- Perform treatments on hospitalized animals and outpatients, obtain vitals and BP’s, discharging patients, phlebotomy for both in-house and outside lab work
- Obtain an accurate patient history, proper client communication and record keeping.
- Assist in patient stabilization including, but not limited to, IV catheter placement, drug/fluid therapy, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Triage all emergencies. Perform outpatient diagnostics and treatments.
- Administer anesthesia for surgeries and other anesthetic procedures, surgical prep
- Perform in-house blood work and use IDEXX/ABAXIS lab equipment
- Set up and perform radiographs, maintain medical records, client communication and patient billing
- Restraint of patients for IV catheters, physical examinations, minor procedures (ex. Central line placement and ultrasounds).
- Provide updates to pet owners on the status of their pet during the duration of visit. Maintain open and clear communications with members of patient care team regarding treatment plans, client communication, and nursing care concerns