At Red Bank Veterinary Hospitals, the health and well-being of your pet and family are our top priority.
As the situation around COVID-19 continues to evolve, we have taken measures to reduce potential exposure to our clients, patients, and team members. The below outlines what you can expect when visiting each of our hospital locations:
- For Emergency, Tech, and Oncology appointments:
- Please give us a call at (908) 359-3161 when you arrive and a member of our team will come out and greet you at your car
- Once your pet is inside, the doctor will call you to discuss their exam and answer any questions you may have
- After your pet’s exam, a member of our team will return your pet to you at your vehicle, answer any last-minute questions, and finalize all paperwork and payment
- For Scheduled General Practice and Specialty (Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Dermatology and Allergy, and Clinical Nutrition) appointments:
- You will have the option to come inside the building (max 1 client with pet) pending some screening questions
- When you arrive, give us a call at (908) 359-3161 and a member of our team will bring you and your pet directly into an exam room.
- Maintaining a proper social distance (6+ feet apart) and wearing face masks are required all times while in the building
- You will have the option to checkout in our lobby or after returning to your car
- If your pet is experiencing an emergency and you are able, please call ahead at (856) 429-4394 and select OPTION 1
- If you are entering through our emergency room, please park in the FRONT of the hospital in a numbered spot
- If you are bringing your pet to see one of our specialists, please park on the LEFT of the building in a numbered spot
- If you are bringing your pet in for euthanasia, please park on the LEFT of the building in spots 5-7. A team member will meet you at our comfort room door and escort you and your pet inside
- Please call the front desk (856) 429-4394 to let us know which spot you are located in and a technician will meet you at your car
- Please remain in your car, or at one of our shaded benches until you have spoken with a doctor regarding your pet’s status
- Use of the restrooms within the hospital is allowed, but please call (856) 429-4394 and speak with a team member prior to entering the building
- If you do enter the building, a mask is required. If you do not have a mask, please inform a team member and a mask will be brought out to you
- If your pet is being admitted into the hospital, do not leave until all admission forms have been completed
Still not sure what to do? Check out this tutorial video from our Hospital Director:
- If you are a new client, we ask that you please complete this “New Patient” form prior to your pet’s appointment.
- Upon arrival, please check-in to let us know you’re here using one of the following methods:
- Link to Check-In Form: https://app.waitwhile.com/checkin/redbank
- Click here to download our helpful handout to learn more about how to use our QR code/url check-in method
- Send Us a Text:
- Send a text to 415-702-4476 and write the following information in your message:
- For appointments, admits, and discharges, write the following: “Add redbank first and last name pet name spot #”
- For prescription pick up, write the following: “Add rbvhrx first and last name pet name spot #”
- The messages should be all on one line, redbank should be all one word, and there should not be any punctuation.
- Find an Attendant: On most days, we have parking lot attendants walking around and available to help you check-in if needed.
- Once you are checked-in, a staff member will call you and gather any necessary information over the phone to prepare for your pet’s visit.
- We will then greet you at your car and bring your pet into the hospital for their visit. After we perform our exam, we will call you to discuss findings and answer your questions.
- Following the exam, you will be contacted by one of our team members regarding next steps for any outstanding paperwork and collecting payment. One of our clinical staff members will return your pet to you at your car.
Additional Information & Resources:
When interacting with our staff, we ask that you please wear a mask at all times and maintain a social distance of 6 feet.
If you are feeling ill or have recently traveled and your pet needs medical attention, if possible, please try to arrange for another person to bring your pet to the hospital.
We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we continue to navigate these challenging times and keep everyone safe and healthy!
For new clients, our "New Patient" form is available online here for your convenience. We recommend completing this prior to your pet's scheduled appointment to help streamline our check-in process.
We also offer convenient online payment and a variety of payment options - click here to learn more.
If you have any questions, please call the location nearest to you:
Hillsborough: (908) 359-3161
Mount Laurel: (856) 429-4394
Tinton Falls: (732) 747-3636
Additional Information & Resources:
A letter to our clients (March 13, 2020) - An Important Message About COVID-19 from Red Bank Veterinary Hospitals
COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions (Centers for Disease Control)
COVID-19 FAQs for Pet Owners (American Veterinary Medical Association)
Airvet Telehealth App Information (currently offered at our Hillsborough and Tinton Falls locations)
About the hydro-peroxide misters at our Tinton Falls location
COVID-19 and Your Pet Ferret - Download our handout here
Virtual Pet Loss Support Group - Download our handout here