The primary objective of this study is to determine the maximum tolerated dose, dose-limiting toxicities, safe starting dose, and pharmacodynamic effect of TANOVEA™ (rabacfosadine for injection) in cats with lymphoma, lymphoid leukemia or multiple myeloma/plasma cell tumor.
A secondary objective of this study is to assess the efficacy and determine progression-free survival in treated cats.
- Species: Feline
- Breed: No specification
- Initial age: At least 1 year old on Day 0
- Weight: No weight requirement
- Sex: Male or female, intact or neutered
- Origin: Client–owned cats
Cats must have a diagnosis of low, intermediate or high grade, lymphocytic or lymphoblastic lymphoma, cytologically or histologically confirmed in any anatomic site.
Prior surgery, radiotherapy, and/or chemotherapy are acceptable. There must be a two-week washout period between prior chemotherapy and Day 0 and a six-week washout period between radiotherapy and Day 0.
General health: Cats must be free of severe underlying disease (including underlying pulmonary pathology), be FeLV, and FIV negative, and have an expected survival of at least 6 weeks.
- Cats that have received chemotherapy within 2 weeks of Day 0.
- Cats that have received non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) within 72 hours of Day 0. While on study, treatment with prednisone (1 mg/kg every other day) is acceptable.
- Cats that have received radiation therapy within 6 weeks of Day 0.
- Concurrent malignancy or other serious systemic disorder incompatible with this study.
- TANOVEA™ (Rabacfosadine for Injection) is provided at no cost for use in this study.
- $1,500 client incentive for each cat enrolled, to be used for treatment costs.
- In the event of AE-related hospitalization costs as a result of participation in the study, up to $3,000 per cat to cover clinical trial-related hospitalization costs. This will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
- Client is responsible for all other charges.
Amber Tegtmeyer, DVM, Practice Limited to Medical Oncology
Red Bank Veterinary Hospital
197 Hance Ave, Tinton Falls, NJ 07724
See All Clinical Studies