The primary objective of this study is to determine the maximum tolerated dose, dose-limiting toxicities, safe starting dose, and pharmacodynamic effect of TANOVEA™ (rabacfosadine for injection) in cats with lymphoma, lymphoid leukemia or multiple myeloma/plasma cell tumor.
A secondary objective of this study is to assess the efficacy and determine progression-free survival in treated cats.
- Species: Feline
- Breed: No specification
- Initial age: At least 1 year old on Day 0
- Weight: No weight requirement
- Sex: Male or female, intact or neutered
- Origin: Client–owned cats
Cats must have a diagnosis of low, intermediate or high grade, lymphocytic or lymphoblastic lymphoma, cytologically or histologically confirmed in any anatomic site.
Prior surgery, radiotherapy, and/or chemotherapy are acceptable. There must be a two-week washout period between prior chemotherapy and Day 0 and a six-week washout period between radiotherapy and Day 0.
General health: Cats must be free of severe underlying disease (including underlying pulmonary pathology), be FeLV, and FIV negative, and have an expected survival of at least 6 weeks.
- Cats that have received chemotherapy within 2 weeks of Day 0.
- Cats that have received non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) within 72 hours of Day 0. While on study, treatment with prednisone (1 mg/kg every other day) is acceptable.
- Cats that have received radiation therapy within 6 weeks of Day 0.
- Concurrent malignancy or other serious systemic disorder incompatible with this study.
- TANOVEA™ (Rabacfosadine for Injection) is provided at no cost for use in this study.
- $1,500 client incentive for each cat enrolled, to be used for treatment costs.
- In the event of AE-related hospitalization costs as a result of participation in the study, up to $3,000 per cat to cover clinical trial-related hospitalization costs. This will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
- Client is responsible for all other charges.
Michelle Morges, DVM, MS, DACVIM (Oncology), cVMA
Medical Oncology and Acupuncture
Red Bank Veterinary Hospital
197 Hance Ave, Tinton Falls, NJ 07724
See All Clinical Studies